11 Plus Wirral offers
- A first class specialist service which prepares children for entry Wirral Grammar schools, Upton Hall and St Anselm’s. Your child will enjoy the benefit of tuition utilising excellent knowledge and experience of the entry examination system.
- 11 Plus Wirral has an in depth knowledge on how children learn best. Care is taken to ensure that all children’s learning needs are met, including those who are less confident and those who need to be challenged. Children enjoy coming to the classes each week and lessons are designed to motivate and encourage progression.
- 11 Plus Wirral has developed an excellent reputation for preparing children for 11 Plus success. Many children gain places at the Grammar Schools and success rate is high each year. The earlier a child starts the greater chance they have of passing their exam.
- Class sizes are kept to a maximum of 6 children which enables your child to benefit from 1-1 tuition alongside the fun interactive activities that the children can work together on. Many children prefer to work within a group, which helps them to become more confident learners. There will be opportunities to work quietly as well as activities which involve interaction with other pupils.
- 11 Plus Wirral teach Mathematics, Non verbal Reasoning, English and verbal Reasoning. All pupils are therefore fully prepared for entry into Grammar Schools.
- Your child’s progress is continually monitored and assessed throughout the year, enabling strengths and weaknesses to be highlighted and addressed in lessons.
- Advice for parents is continuously available. 11 Plus Wirral has an open door policy, where concerns and questions can be raised. Advice and support is also given during the application process as this varies from school to school. Parents are fed back to regularly on their child’s progress and termly reports are provided regarding progress and attainment.
- 11 Plus Wirral provides 1-1 tuition if you feel your child would benefit from receiving direct support.
- Our well received mock exam practice days offering practical experience before the big day.
- The children enjoy the additional benefit of individual support and tuition as each class has a teacher and teachers assistant.
Group Fees at Hoylake Community Centre are calculated at point of entry into the term.
Each lesson is £20 and the remaining weeks within the term are calculated and paid for in advance.
Fees can either be paid for in full in in smaller monthly installments.
There are 12 weeks within each school term.
|Number of weeks booked||Total fees to be paid||Pay in Installments of|
|12||£240||3 x £80|
|10||£200||2 x £80 and 1 x £40|
|6||£120||2 x £60|
What if my child is ill for a lesson ?
Please let the teacher know in advance if your child cannot attend the lesson.
You may choose another lesson on a different day of the week , so your child does not miss out on learning the subject taught.
“Our daughter has benefited beyond description in her overall academic performance since she started her tuition. Regardless of the outcome of the tests, this whole experience has been wonderful. Wendy has been so supportive and encouraging to our daughter and has made her believe that she can work to the best of her abilities. Not only has this experience given her the knowledge needed for the exam, but also the confidence needed for her future which has been invaluable.”
“Just thought I would drop you a line to let you know that xxxxx passed the 11+. He is thrilled and sees all the hard work was worth it. To see his excitement when he read the email on Friday as well as him letting the family know over a series of phone calls was great. Thanks you so much for all of your help and encouragement and again I will see you in less than two years when my daughter will be trying to pass the 11+.”
“I can honestly say without a doubt Wendy is a 1st class tutor, all our children have enjoyed being tutored by her. So far we have had a 100% success rate, of them passing their test and being granted a place. This year our youngest child who is now undergoing her 11 plus tutoring with Wendy! She thoroughly enjoys each session and always wants to attend. Wendy offers group sessions or 1-2-1 sessions which is obviously determined on your budget and child’s needs.”
“Excellent tutor! I would recommend to everyone who wants to improve their child’s performance and attainment. Wendy is a superb tutor and has a lovely personality. Thanks for your hard work in preparing our daughter for her 11plus exams.”
“Our little one is very shy however under Wendy’s tuition she is more confident and enjoys the sessions!!”
“Excellent tuition, from a first class teacher. Fully recommend to any one wishing to try for the eleven plus. My child enjoys every lesson and looks forward to attending each week.”
“Our little one is really enjoying the classes. I have 2 other children aged 17 and 23, both of whom didn’t want to do the 11 plus so this is all new to me!! He’s a very shy boy that doesn’t usually take to new things well! So thank you, I appreciate what you are doing.”