All classes for 11 Plus exam preparation take place after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Why not pop in for a trial lesson ? No need to commit if your child is unsure. Children are encouraged to come and see for themselves if tuition and preparation for the 11 plus exam is right for them.
TUESDAY 4PM FULL
TUESDAY 5PM SPACE FOR ONE
TUESDAY 6PM SPACE FOR TWO
THURSDAY 4PM SPACE FOR TWO
THURSDAY 5PM FULL
THURSDAY 6PM FULL
11 plus yr 5 (CEM)
- 11 Plus Tuition for Year 5 children is held on weekdays after school during term time.
- Each lesson is 1 hour long.
- Each group has no more than 4 children so individual learning and targeted support is provided.
- The lesson is delivered by the 11 plus teacher and supported by a teacher assistant. This allows children to be supported on a 1-1 basis and work within a small group of three children.
- Attainment and progress is recorded each week and planning is put in place to teach specific areas in mathematics, English and non-verbal reasoning that individual children are struggling with. Children who are struggling in specific areas will be supported on a 1-1 basis, enabling them to make good progress and become secure in the core skills for English and Mathematics.
- All learning materials are provided, including a personal Learning file to store all the work learnt and an 11 Plus tote bag to keep all belongings safe. In addition, the children have access to all the written materials written exclusively for the CEM coursework at 11 Plus Wirral .
- Lessons take place at Hoylake Parade Community Centre, in a comfortable classroom and has a well-stocked library and internet access for children’s use.
Available Lessons for 11 plus tuition are on the following days and times:
Please get in touch if you would like to book a place for your child.
Your child can start at any point in the academic year.
Year 5 St Anselms
A different test to the new 11 plus CEM.
The examination format for St Anselm’s entrance exam exam is : a mathematics paper, English paper which includes written and comprehension and a verbal reasoning paper. The course content is slightly different to the new 11 plus CEM and boys who wish to take this exam will be prepared for this exam within the small group lessons alongside 11 plus tuition.
Please get in touch if you would like us to tutor your son for the St Anselm’s exam.
Lessons held at Hoylake Parade Community Centre.
Year 5 Upton Hall
The entrance exam for Upton Hall is very different to the new format for the 11 plus exam. Girls wishing to attend tutoring for this exam will need to familiarise themselves with the many different verbal reasoning question types. The closest matching commercial workbooks and tests are from GL assessment. There are still slight differences however and therefore 11 Plus Wirral have written their own materials which match more closely to the Upton exam taken on the Wirral. Girls wishing to take both exams can be prepared for both within the group classes.
Please get in touch if you would like us to tutor your daughter for the Upton Hall exam.
“Our daughter has benefited beyond description in her overall academic performance since she started her tuition. Regardless of the outcome of the tests, this whole experience has been wonderful. Wendy has been so supportive and encouraging to our daughter and has made her believe that she can work to the best of her abilities. Not only has this experience given her the knowledge needed for the exam, but also the confidence needed for her future which has been invaluable.”
“Just thought I would drop you a line to let you know that xxxxx passed the 11+. He is thrilled and sees all the hard work was worth it. To see his excitement when he read the email on Friday as well as him letting the family know over a series of phone calls was great. Thanks you so much for all of your help and encouragement and again I will see you in less than two years when my daughter will be trying to pass the 11+.”
“I can honestly say without a doubt Wendy is a 1st class tutor, all our children have enjoyed being tutored by her. So far we have had a 100% success rate, of them passing their test and being granted a place. This year our youngest child who is now undergoing her 11 plus tutoring with Wendy! She thoroughly enjoys each session and always wants to attend. Wendy offers group sessions or 1-2-1 sessions which is obviously determined on your budget and child’s needs.”
“Excellent tutor! I would recommend to everyone who wants to improve their child’s performance and attainment. Wendy is a superb tutor and has a lovely personality. Thanks for your hard work in preparing our daughter for her 11plus exams.”
“Our little one is very shy however under Wendy’s tuition she is more confident and enjoys the sessions!!”
“Excellent tuition, from a first class teacher. Fully recommend to any one wishing to try for the eleven plus. My child enjoys every lesson and looks forward to attending each week.”
“Our little one is really enjoying the classes. I have 2 other children aged 17 and 23, both of whom didn’t want to do the 11 plus so this is all new to me!! He’s a very shy boy that doesn’t usually take to new things well! So thank you, I appreciate what you are doing.”